Thursday, July 13, 2006

Leaving Lymm

Yesterday morning I awoke at 7am - a full 40 minutes ahead of my alarm - to find two pidgeons at the foot of my bed. I think they were trying to tell me something.

Many years ago this tower was derelect and a home to many a roosting pigeon. When the tower was acquired and repurposed as a far-out, funky, modernist/minimilst family home, the birds were exiled. The theory goes that pigeons, or perhaps specifically homing pigeons, will try to return to the place that was once their or their ancestor's home. Apparantly these pigeons, aware that today is my last day in the tower, were letting me know in advance that the room was once again theirs.

Needless to say, I got out of bed and, in a sleeping stupor, shooed the birds back out the open window they'd used to come in through. Needless to say, it was weird.

No comments: